The most spectacular aspect of the Act of God will be the three days of darkness over the whole earth. The Three Days have been announced by Catholic prophets St. Caspar del Bufulo, Blessed Anna Maria Taigi, Blessed Elizabeth Canori-Mora and Blessed Mary of Jesus Crucified.
The Church does not oblige us to believe in any particular prophecy as a matter of faith [de fide], but we are indeed obliged to believe that prophecies may be made even in our own times, for this is in the Gospel [Evangelium]: the Holy Ghost will speak to many in the Latter Days. Prophecy is intended to change our behavior to conform to the will of God.
God has never punished the human race without warning us first. For this reason: “Watch ye therefore, because you know not the day nor the hour.” (Matthew 25: 13)
“When everything seems hopeless for the Christian forces God will work a “wonderful miracle”, or as some prophets refer to it, “a great event” or “a terrible event,” in favor of His own. During this phenomenon the truly holy will not be harmed, and terrible though it will be, yet we may take consolation in the fact that it will mark the end of God’s chastisements. It would seem that the event mentioned vaguely by so many seers, is that specified by others as three days of darkness with the sun and the moon, as it were, turning to blood. The air will be poisoned, thus killing off most of the enemies of Christ’s Church. During these three Days the only light available to men will be blessed candles, and one candle will burn the entire period. However, even blessed candles will not light in the houses of the godless, yet once the candle is lit by one in the state of grace, it will not burn out until the three day’s darkness is over. This “great event” will usher in peace to the troubled world. It would be a sort of reenactment of the three hours of darkness “over the whole earth” at Christ’s crucifixion, and a preview of that which will mark the end of the reign of Anti-Christ.” (“The Prophets And Our Times“, originally published with an “imprimatur” by Rev. R. Gerald Cuileton in 1941.)
In Scriptures, we find many references to days of darkness
“And the Lord said to Moses: Stretch out they hand towards heaven: and may there be darkness upon the land of Egypt, so thick that it may be felt. And Moses stretch forth his hand towards heaven: and there came horrible darkness in all the land of Egypt for three days. No man saw his brother, nor moved himself out of the place where he was: but wheresoever the children of Israel dwelt there was light.” (Exodus 10:21-23, Douay-Rheims Bible)
“Behold, the day of the Lord shall come, a cruel day, and full of indignation, and of wrath, and fury, to lay the land desolate, and to destroy the sinners thereof out of it. For the stars of heaven, and their brightness shall not display their light: the sun shall be darkened in his rising, and the moon shall not shine with her light. And I will visit the evils of the world, and against the wicked for their iniquity: and I will make the pride of infidels to cease, and will bring down the arrogancy of the mighty.” (Isaiah 13: 9-11, Douay-Rheims Bible)
” I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD (Joel 2:30-31)
“Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: ” (Matthew: 24-29
Of the more recent revelations about these days of darkness, we will mention only two: those of Blessed Anna-Maria Taigi and Padre Pio.
THREE DAYS OF DARKNESS as told by Our Lord and Our Lady to Marie-Julie Jahenny, “The Breton Stigmatist”
Blessed Anna Maria Taigi predicted a major and as of yet still forthcoming Chastisement for the world on account of its grave sins.
God will send two punishments: one will be in the form of wars, revolutions and other evils; it shall originate on earth. The other will be sent from Heaven. There shall come over the whole earth an intense darkness lasting three days and three nights. Nothing can be seen, and the air will be laden with pestilence which will claim mainly, but not only, the enemies of religion. It will be impossible to use any man-made lighting during this darkness, except blessed wax candles. He, who out of curiosity, opens his window to look out, or leaves his home, will fall dead on the spot. During these three days, people should remain in their homes, pray the Rosary and beg God for mercy.
All the enemies of the Church, whether known or unknown, will perish over the whole earth during that universal darkness, with the exception of a few whom God will soon convert. The air shall be infected by demons who will appear under all sorts of hideous forms.
The three days of darkness, “Will be on a Thursday, Friday, and a Saturday. Days of the Most Holy Sacrament, of the Cross and Our Lady.” Three days less one night. (Page 44)
On September 20, 1882 Our Lady said: “The Earth will be covered in darkness, and Hell will be loosed on Earth. The thunder and lightning will cause those who have no faith or trust in my Power, to die of fear. During these three days of terrifying darkness, no windows must be opened, because no one will be able to see the earth and the terrible color it will have in those days of punishment without dying at once…The sky will be on fire, the earth will split… During these three days of darkness let the blessed candle be lighted everywhere, no other light will shine… (Page 44)
On December 8, 1882: “No one outside a shelter… will survive. The earth will shake as at the judgment and fear will be great. Yes, We will listen to the prayers of your friends, not one will perish. We will need them to publish the glory of the cross. (Page 44)
“The candles of blessed wax alone will give light during this horrible darkness. One candle alone will be enough for the duration of this night of Hell…In the homes of the wicked and blasphemers these candles will give no light.” (Page 45)
Our Lady: “My children said the Virgin Mary, mind my words … In these days of mourning, there will be another earthquake as strong as many others, less strong than in many other places. Everything will shake except the piece of furniture on which the blessed candle is burning. This will not shake. You will all gather around the crucifix and my blessed picture. This is what will keep away this terror.” “During this darkness the devils and the wicked will take on the most hideous shapes…red clouds like blood will move across the sky. The crash of thunder will shake the earth and sinister lightning will streak the heavens out of season, the earth will be shaken to its foundations, the sea will rise, its roaring waves will spread over the Continent…”
“Always keep close your objects of protection, your blessed candles, your medals and other objects from which flow all the blessings of Heaven, blessings of protection, blessings of all heavenly favors, blessings that keep far (from you) the cries of Satan running through the air and the earth, blessings that will calm the storm unleashed by the Luciferian voices.”
“…group around, with the crucifix and my blessed image. This is what shall take fear away from you, as these days will cause many deaths. …those who make me well served and invoke me, and that will keep in their homes my blessed image, I will keep safely all that belongs to them. During these three days, I will protect their cattle from starvation. I will keep because them because there must not be a single door ajar. The hungry animals shall be satisfied by me, without any food.”
The Lord says: “I will soon arise in all the resplendence of My Justice. I will overturn the earth. I will thunder strike the guilty soul.” My little souls, amidst that deluge of terror, you will carry My Cross, were it to be very small or big!” (Revelation to Marie-Julie Jahenny on January 17, 1922)
Padre Pio and the Three Days of Darkness
“Keep your windows well covered. Do not look out. Light a blessed candle, which will suffice for many days. Pray the rosary. Read spiritual books. Make acts of Spiritual Communion, also acts of love, which are so pleasing to Us. Pray with outstretched arms, or prostrate on the ground, in order that many souls may be saved. Do not go outside the house. Provide yourself with sufficient food. The powers of nature shall be moved and a rain of fire shall make people tremble with fear. Have courage! I am in the midst of you.” (On January 26, 1950. Padre Pio)
The Proximate Signs in their Probable Order of Occurrence
- Flouting of church laws, false worship, irreverence and immodesty in church, fall in attendance at church, church closings, churches for sale.
- Lack of charity towards others, heartlessness, indifference, divisions, contentions, godlessness, rebellion against God (“They did not repent”), pride in human knowledge.
- Breakdown of family life: immorality, adultery, perversion of youth in schools, immodest fashions, people concerned only with eating, drinking, dancing and other pleasures.
- Civil commotions, contempt for authority, downfall of governments, confusion in high places, corruption, coups d’etat, civil war, revolution.
- Floods and droughts, crop failures, unusual weather, tornadoes, earthquakes, tidal waves, famines, epidemics, unknown diseases (e.g. new strains of viruses).
- There are also two other occurrences predicted, as additional and final warnings before the terror of the three-day darkness.
How to Prepare for the Three Days of Darkness?
To prepare for the Three Days of Darkness, as suggested by some mystics and seers:
- Repent of your sins which means forsake them and turn away from them. “I say to you: but unless you shall do penance, you shall all likewise perish.” (Luke 13:3).
- Acknowledge Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.
- Finally, put your trust in Christ to save you and believe in Him and you have eternal life.
- Remain in the state of grace.
- Consecrate yourself to Our Blessed Mother.
She is, according to Holy Scriptures, the Victor over the devil: “And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars…” Apocalypse 12. “I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.” Genesis 3, 15. Our Blessed Mother is also according to the Saints, Doctors, and Mystics of the Church, the means of protection and nourishment given to us by God, especially during the end times.
- Fulfill your Mass obligation on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation.
- Make frequent Spiritual Communions. Remember to associate yourself in a special manner to the Blessed Mother while doing it.
- Make frequent Acts of Contrition.
- Say the Holy Rosary every day, especially the Sorrowful Mysteries.
- Obtain some beeswax candles. Ordinary white candles will be of no use; they must be made of beeswax.
- Pray and offer your sufferings for the Restoration of the Church.
- Say the complete prayer to St. Michael which His Holiness Pope Leo XIII composed after witnessing a terrifying vision of Satan’s power.
- Wear the Crucifix, Brown Scapular and/or the miraculous medal at all times.
- Make Acts of Reparation.
- Learn from Traditional Catholic Faith.
- Store up a sufficient supply of nonperishable food, drinking water, and other necessities.
- Print a copy of this checklist by using our “PRINT FRIENDLY” button located at the bottom of the page, and keep it in an accessible place.
- Spread the message. Those who spread the message will be protected, but the scoffers, the skeptics, and those who dismiss the message because they are frightened, will not escape the chastisement.
- THOSE WHO DISREGARD THIS ADVICE will not escape the chastisement !
What To Do During the Three Days of Darkness for Protection
- As soon as you perceive the disturbed signs of the very cold night:
- Take care of your animals by leaving enough food and water outside for them to last these days. God will preserve the property of the elect, including their animals. It is assumed that house pets may be kept inside.
- Go inside, shut and lock all doors and windows. Windows must be covered prior to the Three Days in such a way as to prevent visualizing what is taking place outside. Doors and windows are to be locked, sealed, and sprinkled with holy water.
- Keep the doors and windows well covered.
- Stay away from doors and windows. Do not look out, do not go outside for any reason, and do not talk to anyone outside. Demons will seek to deceive the righteous by mimicking and calling to those who are sheltered from outside in an attempt to lure the righteous out of shelter. ANYONE WHO LOOKS OUT OR GOES OUT WILL DIE IMMEDIATELY!
- Light the wax candles. They will be the only thing which will give light; but, these will not burn in the houses of the godless and scoffers. Once lit, nothing will put them out in the houses of the believers.
- Sprinkled Holy Water freely around the house. Bless yourself and others with it. Drink it and anoint your senses with it (eyes, ears, nose, mouth) and hands, feet, and forehead. Our Lord said to Marie Julie: “A medal with My Divine Heart, a medal where there is drawn the adorable Cross. You will place in a glass of water these two images, either pasteboard, or metal. You will drink this water twice blessed, twice purified. One single drop in your food, one tiny drop, will suffice not to move away the blight, but the blights of My Justice.”
- Kneel down before a crucifix and pray incessantly. Pray with outstretched arms, or prostrate on the floor, pleading for many souls to be saved. Make acts of contrition of faith, hope and love. Make acts of Spiritual Communion. Read the Bible.
- Meditate on the Sorrowful Mysteries and the Passion of Our Lord.
- Call upon Our Blessed Mother for He has given these times into the care of the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary. “No harm will come to those who are in the state of grace and seek My Mother’s protection.”
- Call upon the Saints, the Holy Angels, your Guardian Angels, and Saint Michael the Archangel. The cry: “Who is like unto God?” (the motto of Saint Michael) will serve as a protection to many.
- Those who are caught traveling on the road and unable to get to shelter will die as martyrs and be taken to Heaven if they are in a state of grace and reconciliation with God the Eternal Father and Our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Some children and others will be taken to Heaven beforehand, to spare them the horror of these days.
- RECITE THE PRAYER GIVEN BY OUR LORD TO MARIE-JULIE TO BE RECITED DURING THE THREE DAYS OF DARKNESS: “I hail, adore and embrace you, adorable Cross of my Savior. Protect us, guard us, save us. Jesus loved you so much. After His example, I do love you. May your holy image appease my fears! Let me experience nothing but calm and confidence!”
- Do not fear: it would be an offense to God to show lack of confidence in His protection.
- As soon as you see the sun rise again at the end of the Three Days, drop to your knees and give thanks to God.
- “You will experience so many graces, so much strength, that such a deluge will pass over you as though unperceived. My children, that strong blow will be a terrible confusion. Those will be days most awful, quite horrible. However, I would not like to frighten you. You will have your safeguard and a safe shelter.” (Prophecies of La Fraudais of Marie-Julie Jahenny”, pp. 243-244).
” As it was in the time of Noe, as it was in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, so shall it be upon your earth. Man shall be permitted to fall fast into the abyss. Why? Because he has hardened his heart and closed his ears to the truth. He has given himself to all manners of pleasures of the flesh. Sin has become a way of life in your country and in the countries throughout your earth.” (The candles upon earth, Private Revelation).
“And I beheld, and heard the voice of one eagle flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice: Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth: by reason of the rest of the voices of the three angels, who are yet to sound the trumpet.” [Apocalypse (Revelation) 8:13]
VIRGÓ SACRÁTA is a Christian mission-driven online resource and shop inspired from the beauty of Catholic faith, tradition, and arts. Our mission is to “Restore All Things to Christ!”, in continuing the legacy of Pope St. Pius X under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary. “Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle array?” O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee.