“Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ.” ~ St. Athanasius, AD 373.
Traditional Orders, Societies & Resources
- The Remnant Newspaper – a fine Catholic publication that must be read and distributed far and wide! For nearly fifty years Remnant has been fighting in defence of the traditions of the Catholic Church and the proclamation of the Kingship of Christ. In print or online, The Remnant calls a spade a spade no matter who is using it to bury God. With daily updates and news links from around the world, The Remnant Newspaper has become a trusted source of information for tens of thousands of Catholics.
- akaCatholic.com is a source of encouragement in these dark days of crisis. We’ve been misled with respect to the Second Vatican Council and robbed of our rightful Catholic inheritance, both doctrinal and liturgical, ever since. The mission of this blog is to examine every proposition that claims to be “Catholic” through the lens of tradition – regardless of the source, and to scrutinize all things in the light of that which comes to us from God through Holy Mother Church.
- Most Holy Trinity Seminary
Most Holy Trinity Seminary is one of the largest sedevacantist seminaries in the world founded by Bishop Donald Sanborn (linked to his blog). Bishop Sandborn is a sedevacantist bishop, who is a former member of the SSPX. He holds an uncompromising position with regard to the Novus Ordo religion. He has a profound grasp of Thomistic philosophy and of Catholic dogmatic and moral theology, and is an outstanding teacher who is able to communicate his knowledge effectively.
- Society of St. Pius V
The Society of St. Pius V is an organization of traditional Catholic priests dedicated to the preservation of the Traditional Latin Mass. Priests in the Society do not offer the traditional Latin Mass out of a sense of nostalgia, or love of Latin. Nor do they do so for aesthetic considerations, stubbornness, or out of disobedience. They do so because of the content and purpose of the Catholic Mass and because it is the Catholic thing to do. They believe that the new Mass and sacraments compromise the true Catholic Religion and do not convey and profess the Catholic Faith as defined by Our Lord Jesus Christ and passed down to us from the Apostles.
- Society of St. Pius X The Society of Saint Pius X is a priestly society of common life without vows, founded by Archbishop Lefebvre, established in the Roman Catholic Church with Canonical approval on November 1st, 1970. The spirit of the SSPX is essentially apostolic; it was designed by its founder to operate much like a missionary order, spreading the faith far and wide. This apostolate is today especially necessary considering the spread of atheism, agnosticism, and religious indifference. The SSPX is known for its justifiable concerns about the orientation that much of the Church has taken since the Second Vatican Council, and it has upheld the traditional Magisterium of the Popes as the norm by which the Council itself must be understood and evaluated.
- Regina Prophetarum
Traditional Sermons for Traditional Catholics. The priests you hear in the recordings on this website are Roman Catholic Priests, in good standing with their local ordinaries and Rome, incardinated with normal faculties and jurisdiction, and serving in North America. These are priests who have taken to heart and made their own the words of Pope Pius XII given at the very start of his Pontificate in 1939 (cf. Summi Pontificatus).
- The Latin Mass Society of England & Wales
The Latin Mass Society, founded in 1965, is an association of Catholic faithful dedicated to the promotion of the traditional Latin liturgy of the Catholic Church, the teachings and practices integral to it, the musical tradition which serves it, and the Latin language in which it is celebrated. The intrinsic value and continuing importance of the Church’s ‘earlier liturgical traditions’ have been affirmed by Pope Benedict XVI in his motu proprio Summorum Pontificum (SP) of 2007 (Preface), which rules that the Roman Missal of 1962—‘the Missal of Blessed Pope John XXIII’—has never been abrogated. Mention should also be made of the other sacraments and rituals, the traditional Divine Office, and the other legitimate Rites, Uses and liturgical customs of the Latin West, as important and living parts of the Latin liturgical tradition.
- The Holy Mass
This website provides a pictorial study of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. It contains more than seventy classic black and white photos with text, which are organized to help the Catholic Faithful better understand the various actions of the priest, God’s representative at the altar. It intends to help them to use the Missal more intelligently and to appreciate more fully the actions of the priest and the sacredness of the Divine Sacrifice.
- The Baltimore Catechism (1891 Version)
Provided for the betterment of your soul is the timeless Baltimore Catechism. The Traditional Catholic Faith is taught here in a clear and concise, Question and Answer format, which can easily be memorized and understood, and then quickly applied by members of the Church Militant to defend their Faith against the enemies of the Church.
- Traditional Catholic
A Brief Historical Survey of Church teaching 100 years prior to the Second Vatican Council.
- Traditional Catholic Priest
- Traditio – The Traditional Roman Catholic Network
This site operates independently of any diocese, religious society, or other websites.
Latin–English Roman Missal
Sacred Music & Gregorian Chant
- Musica Sacra (Church Music Association of America) With the Motu Proprio having been released, all priests now have permission to offer the Traditional Mass according to the 1962 Missal. Many priests desire to celebrate the Traditional Mass, but they need resources to learn how to celebrate it worthily and with devotion. With your help, Sancta Missa can be the essential aid to fulfill this end. Future projects may include extensive tutorials for learning the Requiem Mass, Missa Cantata or High Mass, Solemn High Mass, Pontifical Solemn Mass, Rite of Baptism, and other timeless treasures of the Catholic liturgy.
Catholic Blogs & News Resources
- Catholic Family News – Catholic Family News is a monthly journal dedicated to preserving the Catholic Faith of all time, “in the same meaning and the same explanation” as Catholic doctrine has been taught throughout the ages.
- GLORIA.TV – An internet-based Catholic video-sharing and news site based in Switzerland.
- RORATE-CAELI – International Traditional Catholic Blog.
- LifeSiteNews.com – A non-profit Internet service dedicated to issues of culture, life, and family.
“You are fortunate you have remained in the Church through your faith. You held fast to the foundations of the faith which has come down to you from the Apostolic Tradition …In the present crisis, it is they who have broken away from it.” ~ Saint Athanasius, Doctor of the Church.
“The present state of Rome is just one more reason why we must not hesitate or fear to regroup. In closing, I would wish to emphasize especially how important it is to remain united, and to avoid dissension at all costs. We are already so few who wish to hold onto our traditions, who understand, who have received the graces. There can be no question but that it is God’s grace, which has allowed us to keep our holy traditions, the very traditions, which have produced the saints. It is vital, therefore, that we proceed as of one mind, that we labor together in order to better insure a strong defense.” ~ Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre.