2023 Ordo for the 1962 Roman Missal & Breviary. An Ordo is an indispensable resource for clergy, sacristans, masters of ceremonies and even the laity to properly follow the 1962 Roman Missal and Breviary.
Published annually, this 176-page book is officially entitled in Latin as Ordo Divini Officii Persolvendi Missaeque Sacrificii Peragendi Pro Anno Domini 2023 (The Order of the Divine Office Recited and of the Sacrifice of the Mass Celebrated for the Year of our Lord 2023).
As a reference guide, the Ordo applies the calendar rubrics of the missal and breviary in an easy-to-follow format for each liturgical day of the year, so you don’t have to figure them out for yourself.
Offered since 1979, this printed Ordo is the first and longest-running traditional edition available in English. In addition to the typical entries found in ordos, this version uniquely features these useful items:
- Listings of proper feasts observed in the USA, Canada, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand
- Options for Votive and Requiem Masses (and festivities formerly listed in pre-1962 calendar)
- Pulpit announcements for liturgical year
- Excerpts from Rubricae Generales section
- Table of Precedence
- Decrees for American dioceses
- Intentions and prayers for Octave of Unity
- Act of Reparation to Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Consecration of Human Race to Sacred Heart
- Consecration of All People to the Blessed Virgin Mary
- St. Blaise Blessing of Throats
- Notes for annual ceremonies (Candlemas, Holy Week, etc.)
- and more (click on the images to view the gallery)