After several years of work, we are pleased to announce the arrival of the long-awaited release of The Traditional Roman Hymnal – Choir Edition. This volume contains the full musical notation and nearly 100 more pages than the Pew edition.
As promised, the second edition is greatly improved. This new edition contains over 400 chants and hymns (50% more than the first edition), with the harmonizations brought into conformity with what is commonly in use. We have also made vast improvements to the organization of the materials.
Traditional Roman Hymnal Choir Edition Contains
all the most commonly-used chants and hymns in traditional communities including:
- Ordinary Chants of the Mass, Asperges, Vidi Aquam, tones for the Mass responses, etc.
- Kyriale (Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus, Agnus Dei) in Gregorian notation for ten Masses. Five Credos
- Hymns and chants for every liturgical season, Feast day, and general use, e.g., Sacred Heart, Blessed Virgin Mary, Holy Souls, etc.
- Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament
- Confirmation Service
- Marriage Service and Nuptial Mass
- Requiem Mass and Burial Service
- Litany of the Saints, Rogation days Procession, Forty Hours Devotion.
This is the Choir/Organ version of our 2nd edition Traditional Hymnal and contains multiple indices to make this one of the easiest hymnals to use. We’ve included an index for Titles, Authors, Translators, and Composers, and even included a compatibility index to the first edition hymnal.
VIRGÓ SACRÁTA is a Christian mission-driven online resource and shop inspired from the beauty of Catholic faith, tradition, and arts. Our mission is to “Restore All Things to Christ!”, in continuing the legacy of Pope St. Pius X under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary. “Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle array?” O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to Thee.