Mother Love is an inspiring prayer book, compiled by a priest of the Capuchin order, Rev. Pius Franciscus, contains a vast assortment of prayers, devotions, and instructions for Catholic wives and mothers. Throughout the pages of Mother Love the prayers and instructions are aimed at aiding a mother to develop her mind and heart according to Christian principles so that she may more easily draw her family to Christ.
- Originally published in 1888 by Pustete & Co. This revised and typesetted edition of mother of Love is substantially that of the 1888 edition, with one significant exception. In 1968 a new Enchiridion Indulgentiarum (Manual of Manual of Indulgences) was promulgated which revoked all general grants of indulgences not contained in the current edition. The text of Mother of Love has been changed to reflect the modern legislation on the matter of indulgences. (Original 1926 reprint without revisions is currently out of print).
- Imprimatur ✞ Michael Augustinus – 1988
Mother Love Includes:
With these words, Cardinal Mindzenty, summed up the glories of maternity, ordered toward the creation of new saints for the kingdom of God. And yet, the life of the mother is not an easy one. Between helping her husband, caring for her children, trips to school, the doctor, the grocery store, not to mention housework, cooking, and more, the life of a mother can lose it’s proper focus: the glory of God. Add to this an increasingly hostile modern world who thinks little of mothers and offers little help and support and the situation is overwhelming.
To help Catholic mothers sanctify themselves in their state in life, and through that, to sanctify their homes as well, we have printed the original, unadulterated version of Mother Love, a complete prayer and devotional book, just for moms!
The Manual for Christian Mothers Contains:
- Morning and Evening Prayers for Mothers
- Devotions for the Holy Rosary
- Points of Doctrine a Christian Mother Should Teach to Her Children
- Familiar prayers and special devotions for Holy Mass, Communion and Confession
- The “Ten Commandments” of Christian Education
- Devotions for Confession, and Communion
- Devotions for the Poor Souls, and for the Way of the Cross
- Prayers and novenas to the special patrons of mothers and wives such as Saints Monica and Elizabeth
- Prayers for the Various Special Necessities of a Christian Mother
- for a happy delivery
- to the Guardian Angels of her children
- to obtain a conversion for her child
- for her sick children
- and many more;
- A short book of instructions for Christian Mothers on the Christian Training of Children
- Instructions for mothers on how to train their child throughout the stages of his/her life
Purchase this book for yourself, or for the Catholic mothers you know. It contains almost everything a mother needs to nurture and grow her spiritual life, so that through their sanctification they may sanctify their husbands and children, and truly become the heart of the Catholic home.
“What on God’s good earth is more glorious than this; to be a mother?” ~ Cardinal Mindzenty.